Runoff Election, Caroline Precinct:
Do not forget to vote next Tuesday in the runoff election. Also, keep in mind that for the June 24th Republican Primary Runoff Election, you will be required to show a photo ID.
Caroline precinct lead Madison County with 40.3% of registered voters voting. The average voter turnout in the county was 22.3%. Congratulations Lake Caroline, lets do it again.
Catfish Tournament Results:
The Lake Committee Catfish Tournament was a huge success again as witnessed by a large group of property owners watching the weigh-in last Saturday. All the tournament teams are to be congratulated for taking out of the lake 4,089 pounds of catfish, a little over two tons. Some teams did not come to the weigh-in, so I am sure the total amount exceeded the amount actually weighed-in. The catfish had not spawned, so they also took out millions of eggs. This tournament did exactly what everyone was hoping for and that was reducing the catfish population in the lake. Appreciation goes to the Lake Committee, especially those men helping to weigh-in Saturday.
Most pounds of catfish by a team:
1st Place: Eddie Rives, Nathan Rives, Brian Sartain & Bradley Sartain: 505 pounds
2nd Place: Doris Watson, Parker & Peyton Sowers, and Matt Lee: 497 pounds
3rd Place: Gelinda Barrett, Nancy Stone, Vista Boganer, Carla Flathery: 487 pounds
Ladies largest catfish:
Nancy Stone: 6.2 pounds
Debbie McCollum: 6.2 pounds
Linda Smith: 6.2 pounds
Chauncey Dunbar: 6.8 pounds
Debbie McCollum: 6.2 pounds
Gelinda Barrett: 6.2 pounds
Largest catfish (three-way tie)
David Walker 2.6 pounds
Sachh Kirk 2.6 pounds
Will Thompson: 2.6 pounds
Carson Powell 2.5 pounds
Smallest Catfish (Three way tie):
Carson Powell 14 grams
Daniel Quinn 20 grams
Summer Rives 23 grams
July 4th, Lake Carolines Signature Event:
Do not forget to make your plans to attend Lake Carolines annual Independence Day celebration at the Bellevue Clubhouse Friday, July 4th.
Start making your plans now to decorate boats and/or tents with a patriotic theme and get your group together for a great fun afternoon and evening.
July 4th Program:
• Tents can be set up anytime Friday, July 4th. Do not forget to decorate your tent with a patriotic theme.
• Childrens jumper will set up at approximately 2:00 p.m.
• Nicke Liberto, with Liberto Party Services, will crank up the music at 5:00 p.m. and continue until 9:00 p.m., when the fireworks begin.
• Burgers and Blues will cater the event again this year. Menu will be hamburgers, homemade chips (similar to Mermaid chips), baked beans, cookies and tea or lemonade. Serving times will be from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m., or until food runs out.
• Tables will be set up inside for those choosing air-conditioning, also outside on the porches. .
• Fireworks will start at 9:00 p.m. This promises to be a better show than last year, performed by Artesian Pyrotechnics. Patriotic music will play during the approximately 17 minute show.
See you on the Fourth.