What Needs to be Registered
Registration applies to the following:
- All boats powered by motor(s) and/or engine(s) that meet the horsepower and length requirements established by LCOA.
- All towing vehicles and boat trailers.
Boats, towing vehicles, and boat trailers must be registered at the LCOA office and be properly identified with a Lake Caroline decal before access to the lake is allowed.
Contact the office by calling 601-898-1370.
Boats with Gas Powered Engines, Electric Trolling Motors, and Boat Trailers
1. Documentation needed:
- State Registration from any state in the lot owner’s name or delegate’s name (refer to Covenants Article II, Section III for the definition of delegate).
- Insurance policy* document showing a minimum of $500,000 in liability coverage for the boat. In lieu of the general liability policy as described, proof of an umbrella policy with minimum limits of $500,000 will be accepted.
*Exception: Boats with electric trolling motors do not require insurance due to their slower speed capacity.
2. When requested, take your boat and trailer to the office.
3. Pay the fees:
- $5 sticker fee
- $5 fee for a boat ramp access card (if card desired).
Once the staff has completed processing your application, they will affix a registration decal on your boat, towing vehicle and/or trailer. Decals are placed as follows:
- Boat - on the side of the outboard motor or stern on inboards and some pontoons.
- Vehicle - left rear window
- Trailer – Driver’s side winch tower.
Kayaks, Canoes and Similar Watercraft
This is an optional process, and although not required, it can help you reunite with your boat should strong winds blow it away.
1. Make an appointment with the office and give them this information:
- Number of boats to be registered ($5 each).
- Whether you want a boat ramp access card ($5).
This can be done using the Contact Us form on the menu.
2. At the appointment, pay applicable fees and pick up decals.
Neither insurance nor state registration is needed.
Non-Compliance with Registration
Residents operating a boat on Lake Caroline without a current sticker will be fined $100 after one warning.
Any resident’s tow vehicle in the boat launching area without a proper LCOA sticker will be fined $100 after one warning.
Parked non-stickered tow vehicles will be assumed to be in violation and trespassing and will be subject to towing at the owner’s expense, or to prosecution for repeated offenses.